from Overview to Education (Professional development)
● Abbas Hassan, Censure et information, in Confluences Méditerranée, 44, Winter 2002-2003, pp. 39-46.
● Baiazy, Amjad, Syria’s Cyber Wars, in Media Policy, January 06, 2012.
● Alhamad Amr, Holding on to Seadom: Insights on the Reality of Radio and Web Publishing in Syria, Pol Center Çarşı, Istanbul, November 2016.
● Andén-Papadopoulos Kari and Pantti Mervi, The Media Work of Syrian Diaspora Activists: Brokering Between the Protest and Mainstream Media, in International Journal of Communication, 7, 2013, pp.2185-2206.
● Atton Chris, Alternative Media - Culture, Representation and Identity, London, Sage 2001.
● Badran Yazan and De Angelis Enrico, Independent Kurdish Media in Syria. Conflicting Identities in the Transition, Middle East Journal of Culture and Communication, Vol.9, 3, pp.334-351, Brill 2016.
● Badran Yazan and De Angelis Enrico, IMS Report, unpublished 2016.
● Barakat Rabie, New Media in the Arab Worls: a Tool for Redesigning Geopolitical Realities, PhD Thesis, AUB, Beirut 2011.
● al-Bunni Akram, Syria’s Crisis of Expression, in Arab Insight, Vol.2, No.1, Winter 2008, pp.99-106.
● Castells Manuel, Communication, Power and Counter-power in the Network Society, in International Journal of Communication, Vol.1, 2007, pp. 238-266.
● Dollet Soazig, The new Syrian press, Agence française de coopération médias (CFI), September 2015.
● Dubai Press Club, Arab Media Outlook 2009-2013.
● Dubai School of Government’s Governance and Innovation Program, The Arab Social Media Report 2015.
● Elkjer Nissen Thomas, Terror.com - IS’s Social Media Warfare in Syria and Iraq, in Military Studies Magazines, Contemporary Conflict, Royal Defence College, Vol.2, Issue 2, 2014.
● Fiedler Anke, Veenstra Bart and Spilker Dirk, Syria Audience Research 2016, Free Press Unlimited (FPU et al) 2016.
● George Alan, Syria: Neither Bread nor Freedom, London: Zed Books, 2003.
● Hafez Kai, Arab Media: Power and Weakness. London, Continuum 2008.
● Hallin Daniel C. and Mancini Paolo, Comparing Media Systems, Cambridge University Press, 2004.
● al-Hussein Ayham, Abyad Layla, Sabbagh Rand, Alwany Raheb, Peace Journalism or War Journalism? Role an Impact of Alternative Media Groups on The Syrian Conflict, Badael Foundation, Istanbul 2016.
● ILA Country Report - Syria 2015.
● Institute for War & Peace Reporting, Syria Media Map, 2013.
● Irex Media Sustainability Index (MSI), 2009.
● Kawakibi Salam, The Private Media in Syria, University of Amsterdam and HIVOS 2010.
● Kenyon Peter, For Foreign Journalist, a Rare Invitation to Damascus, NPR, October, 2016.
● Khalaf Rana, Ramadan Oula, Stolleis Friederike, Activism in Difficult Times, Civil Society Groups in Syria. 2011-2014, Badael Project/Friederich-Ebert-Stiftung, Beirut 2014.
● Kinzer Stephen, The Media are Misleading the Public on Syria in The Boston Globe, 18/12/2016.
● Kraidy Marwan M., Syria: Media Reform and its Limitations, in Arab Reform Bulletin, Vo.4, Issue 4, May 2006.
● Malsin Jared, Why it’s getting harder to report on Syria, in Columbia Journalism Review, September 22, 2014.
● Pies Judith and Madanat Philip, Media accountability practices online in Syria. An indicator for changing perceptions of journalism, Journalism Research and Development Centre, University of Tampere, Finland 2011.
● Reporters Without Borders for Freedom of Information, Journalism in Syria, impossible job?, November 2013.
● Sawah Wael, The Dialectic Relationship between the Political and the Civil in the Syrian Civil Society Movement, Arab Reform Initiative. Issue 34, 2009.
● Taki Maha, Bloggers and the Blogosphere in Lebanon & Syria Meanings and Activities, Ph.D. thesis, University of Westminster, August 2010.
● Thompson Alex, Q&A, How foreign journalist operate in Syria, Channel 4, April 2, 2013.
● Trombetta Lorenzo, Syria Assessment: Media & Telecom Backgrounds, Internews, Beirut 2012.
● Trombetta Lorenzo, Altering Courses in Unknown Waters: Interaction between Traditional and New Media during the First Months of the Syrian Uprising, in Global Media Journal, Vol.2, No.1, Spring/Summer 2012.
● Weeden, Lisa, Ambiguities of Domination: Politics, Rhetoricand Symbols in Contemporary Syria. The University of Chicago Press, Chicago-London, 1999.
from Education (Media development organisations) to Traditional forms of communication
● Arab Media Outlook, 2016-2018. Youth… Content… Digital Media, Dubai Press Club/Dubai Media City, Dubai 2018.
● ‘Awda D., al-As‘ad R., Ziyada ‘A., Dalati N. Min ‘Afrin ila Jarabulus… Turkya saghira fi’l-shamal, in Enab Baladi, 26 August 2018.
● Badran Y., De Angelis E. Independent’ Kurdish Media in Syria: Conflicting Identities in the Transition, in Middle East Journal of Culture and Communication, 9, 2016, pp. 334-351.
● Bakr J., al-Hallak A.A. Journalism in Crisis. A content analysis of the emerging media sector in Syria, The Samir Kassir Foundation/Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) 2018.
● Bayram A.S. Entrepreneurship in conflict zones. January 2017.
● Brownlee B.J. Media development in Syria: the Janus-faced nature of foreign aid assistance, in Third World Quarterly, 2017, pp.1-20
● Buchman D., Mason B. ICT4Refugees. A report on the emerging landscape of digital responses to the refugee crisis. Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn 2016.
● Ibrahim H. Sinama suriyya fi khidmat al-diktatur li-tams jara’imihi, in Enab Baladi, 28 October 2018.
● ITU. The State of Broadband 2018: Broadband catalyzing sustainable development, 2018.
● Madar Research and Development. Arab ICT Use and Social Networks Adoption Report. King Abdul Aziz City for Science and Technology (KACST), Dubai 2012.
● Mazzanti D. Study on Innovation and Technology in Syria, SME Support Programme 2010.
● Nicosia A. Il cinema arabo. Roma, Carocci 2007.
● Pimmer C., Huhua F. Forging new lives using mobile technology, in The Unesco Courier, vol. 4, October-December 2018, pp. 52-53.
● Ruocco M. Storia del teatro arabo dalla nahda a oggi. Carocci, Roma 2010.
● Salamandra C. Ambivalent Islam: Religion in Syrian Television Drama, in Van Nieuwkerk K., Levine M. (eds.), Islam and Popular Culture. University of Texas Press, Austin 2016.
● Salem F. The Arab Social Media Report 2017: Social Media and the Internet of Things: Towards Data-Driven Policy Making in the Arab World (Vol. 7). MBR School of Government, Dubai 2017.
● Salem F., The Arab World Online 2017: Digital Transformations and Societal Trends in the Age of the 4th Industrial Revolution (Vol. 3). MBR School of Government, Dubai 2017.
● Shaban R. Business Incubation Experience in Syria, 5th MENAInc workshop October 2007.
● Syrian Observatory for Human Rights. After expanding the observation posts in Syria, a Turkish Telecom company installs cellular towers at Idlib province, 3 June 2018.
● The Syria Report. Syriatel, MTN Release 2017. Results, Still Major Contributors to Syrian Treasury, 20 February 2018.
● The Syria Report. Data Show Growing Syriatel Share in Telecoms Sector, 9 October 2018.
● UNESCO. Science Policy and Capacity-Building.
● U.S. Department of the Treasury. Three Entities Targeted by Treasury for Supporting Syria’s WMD Proliferation, 4 January 2007.
● Ziter E., Political Performance in Syria. From the Six-Day War to the Syrian Uprising, Palgrave Macmillan UK, 2015.